Leeds for Learning 2020 Primary and Secondary English and Literacy Virtual Conference
Event Dates and Prices
Friday 13th November 2020
8.45am – 4.15pm
Building an exhilarating English curriculum
The 2020 English Virtual Conference will be a day of professional learning for senior leaders, subject leaders, lead practitioners, teachers and governors and we are excited to be welcoming the following key note speakers:
- Sarah Hubbard – Her Majesty’s Inspector (HMI) and Ofsted’s national lead for English, primary and secondary.
- James Clements – Founder of education website ‘Shakespeare and More’, independent English adviser and author of ‘Building an Outstanding Reading School’, a joint project with Oxford University Press.
- Jennifer Webb – Assistant Principal at Co-op Academy, Leeds, blogger, speaker and author of ‘How to Teach English Literature: Overcoming Cultural Poverty’ and ‘Teach like a Writer’.
- Emma Smith – Professor of Shakespeare Studies at the University of Oxford, Fellow of Hertford College and highly regarded expert on Shakespeare and other early modern dramatists.
The Conference keynotes will address how to design and build an engaging and relevant English Curriculum, considering all aspects of reading, writing and oracy in the context of closing the gap ‘post Covid-19’.
There will also be a comprehensive programme of workshops facilitated by local and regional school practitioners and independent organisations, including a Teach Meet session, available at this event with full details below.
All keynotes and workshops will be recorded and available to view for two weeks following the day. Sarah Hubbard’s pre-recorded keynote will be available to view from the 6th November 2020 as this will be discussed in the “Making the Most of the Ofsted Keynote” workshop.
The virtual platform provided by Mondale Events for this Conference will include an exhibitors area where organisations are invited to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to promote their products and services to the target audience with advertisements, videos, interactive quizzes, prizes etc. Organisations and companies wishing to participate should please contact us for further details.
- The cost per delegate is £195. Additional places will be charged at a discounted rate of £100.
- Schools who have a service level agreement with Leeds City Council Learning Improvement Team will pay a reduced rate of £150.
- Secondary Leading Learning Partnership (LLP) schools have one prepaid place at this event.
- Schools will be invoiced directly from Leeds City Council following registration on this site.