Leeds for Learning 2020 Primary and Secondary English and Literacy Virtual Conference
Event Dates and Prices
LIVE Friday 13th November 2020
8.55am – 3.50pm
PLATFORM WITH RECORDED SESSIONS – AVAILABLE UNTIL
Building an Exhilarating English Curriculum
The 2020 English Virtual Conference will be an unmissable, interactive day of professional learning for senior leaders, subject leaders, lead practitioners, teachers and governors.
Held in a virtual environment for the first time, delegates will hear from leading experts, develop their skills and curriculum quality, network with peers and receive valuable insights and resources to improve English teaching and learning within their school.
Leeds for Learning has long held a strong reputation for delivering the highest quality teaching and training within the region, working closely with schools and colleges to understand the issues they’re facing and deliver practical solutions and advice. The conference is open to education professionals from all across the country who wish to expand their expertise and develop a best practice approach.
We’re thrilled to welcome the following key-note speakers :
- Sarah Hubbard – Her Majesty’s Inspector (HMI) and Ofsted’s national lead for English, primary and secondary.
- James Clements – Founder of education website ‘Shakespeare and More’, independent English adviser and author of ‘Building an Outstanding Reading School’, a joint project with Oxford University Press.
- Jennifer Webb – Assistant Principal at Co-op Academy, Leeds, blogger, speaker and author of ‘How to Teach English Literature: Overcoming Cultural Poverty’ and ‘Teach like a Writer’.
- Emma Smith – Professor of Shakespeare Studies at the University of Oxford, Fellow of Hertford College and highly regarded expert on Shakespeare and other early modern dramatists.
The key-note speakers will address how to design and build an engaging and relevant English Curriculum, considering all aspects of reading, writing and oracy in the context of closing the gap ‘post Covid-19’.
There will also be a comprehensive programme of workshops where delegates will learn new strategies and skills facilitated by school practitioners and independent organisations, including a Teach Meet session, available at this event. Full details of all workshops can be found below.
Delegates will be able to access most of the conference materials, including recordings of some keynotes and workshops, for a year following on from the event. They can be viewed at a convenient time and used flexibly to coordinate with schools or settings current context, so a full day of cover isn’t required. Sarah Hubbard’s pre-recorded keynote will be available to view from the 6th November 2020.
- The cost per delegate is £120. Additional places will be charged at a discounted rate of £100.
- Schools who have a service level agreement with Leeds City Council Learning Improvement Team will pay a reduced rate of £100.
- Secondary Leading Learning Partnership (LLP) schools have one prepaid place at this event.
- Schools will be invoiced directly from Leeds City Council following registration on this site.
The virtual platform provided by Mondale Events for this Conference will include an exhibitors’ area where organisations are invited to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to promote their products and services to the target audience with advertisements, videos, interactive quizzes, prizes etc. Organisations and companies wishing to participate should please contact us for further details.