British Neurotoxin Network Paediatrics Ultrasound Workshop
Event Dates and Prices
Saturday 14th May 2022
9.30am – 3.00pm
Masterclass in Ultrasound Guided Injection Technique
This workshop, to be delivered by Dr Vijay Palanivel, Consultant in Paediatric Neurodisability, The Children’s Trust and Stephanie Cawker, Clinical Specialist Physiotherapist Neurodisabilities Team, Great Ormond Street Hospital, is designed for injectors, who want to improve their injection skills using Ultrasound guided techniques.
The aims of the course are for all the participants to improve their techniques to inject botulinum toxin in children using Ultrasound technique as a guide. The course will include:
- Brief review on anatomy using ultrasound
- To localize with ultrasound the optimum injection area of main muscles.
- To master the technique of injections of every most commonly injected muscles in children with spasticity.
- To optimise the treatment, recognise pitfalls, and avoid possible side effects.
- To have an update and discussions around evidence based techniques.
This Workshop is open to all BNN Members and the fee is £60.00 per person including VAT, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
To apply for free of charge BNN Paediatrics membership and to find out more about the network, please visit https://www.bnnpaediatrics.org/
Lumen Rooms, 88 Tavistock Place, London WC1H 9RS