British Neurotoxin Network Workshop
Treatment of Facial Movement Disorders with Botulinum Toxin Injections
Friday 2nd November 2018 9.30am – 4.30pm
This workshop, to be delivered by Dr Joanna Flowers of St George’s Hospital, London and Dr Marie-Helene Marion of the London BTX Centre, is designed for injectors who want to improve their injection skills in the treatment of facial movement disorders.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able
- To understand the functional anatomy of the facial muscles.
- To recognise the various clinical presentations of blepharospasm, hemifacial spasm and post-paralytic facial spasm.
- To design a protocol of injections with sites and dosage for the different clinical presentations.
- To master the technique of injections of every facial muscle, based on video clips.
- To optimise the treatment, recognise pitfalls and avoid possible side effects
Workshop fee is £125.00 including VAT, lunch and refreshments throughout the day.
Wellcome Collection, London