Leeds for Learning 2020 Primary and Secondary Mathematics Virtual Conference
Event Dates and Prices
Tuesday 17th November 2020
9.00am – 4.15pm
Learning Maths: Getting the most out of Assessment
The 2020 Virtual Mathematics Conference will be an unmissable, one-day event for teachers and leaders to come together and examine best practice for supporting the learning of mathematics. This year the conference will focus on assessment and how this forms an integral part of a mastery model of learning.
Held in a virtual environment for the first time, delegates will hear from leading experts, widen their professional network, have an opportunity to reflect upon their current practice and receive valuable insights and resources to improve mathematics teaching and learning within their school. The event will be a fun, interactive professional development opportunity for all phases of mathematics education.
Leeds for Learning has long held a strong reputation for delivering the highest quality teaching and training within the region, working closely with schools and colleges to understand the issues they’re facing and deliver practical solutions and advice. This conference is open to education professionals from all across the country who wish to expand their expertise and develop a best practice approach.
We are proud to be welcoming the following keynote speakers :
- Mark McCourt – the UK’s leading expert on teaching for mastery approaches
- Jonathan Hall – creator of ‘Mathsbot.com’, leading mathematics practitioner and a teaching and learning specialist for The Learning Partnership
- Gareth Metcalfe – Director of I See Maths, working with schools to put reasoning and problem-solving at the heart of mathematical learning
The keynote sessions will address the implications for all schools and settings of successfully embedding a mastery model for learning and discuss how assessment is key to its success.
There will also be a comprehensive programme of workshops available for delegates to attend throughout the day, facilitated by local and regional school practitioners and independent organisations West Yorkshire Maths Hub and Pearson Edexcel. Full details of all workshops can be found below.
Delegates will be able to access most of the conference materials, including recordings of some keynotes and workshops, for a year following on from the event. They can be viewed at a convenient time and used flexibly to coordinate with schools or settings current context, so a full day of cover isn’t required. Pre-recorded workshops will be available to view from the 10th November 2020.
- The cost per delegate is £120. Additional places will be charged at a discounted rate of £100.
- Schools who have a service level agreement with Leeds City Council Learning Improvement Team will pay a reduced rate of £100.
- Secondary Leading Learning Partnership (LLP) schools have one prepaid place at this event.
- Schools will be invoiced directly from Leeds City Council following registration on this site.
The virtual platform provided by Mondale Events for this Conference will include an exhibitors’ area where organisations are invited to take advantage of this excellent opportunity to promote their products and services to the target audience with advertisements, videos, interactive quizzes, prizes etc. Organisations and companies wishing to participate should please contact us for further details.